Search This Blog

Saturday 26 July 2014

Subject to references & checks!

Well, as luck and the wheel of fortune would have it, I got a call today. The organisation that I'd attended interview one with, phoned me all morning.
I heard the words S--- from C------ calling, and then,
 'I will put you out of your misery...'
At this point I was thinking that she was going to say 'Thank so for attending your interview but on this occasion you were unsuccessful however we will keep you in mind for further positions'
But she didn't say that.....

She didn't say that!!!

She said,
'We were very convinced by you, and we saw that you really wanted the job, so we'd like to offer it to you subject to references and checks!'

I could have squealed, I could have jumped right down the phone and hugged her right then and there. I felt more than elated... I'm off on Monday to meet some more of the residents and staff involved and I truly truly have never ever wanted Monday to come so quickly.

It is a fantastic feeling to be told that someone is going to give you a go. That they see something in you, something that you've worked hard for, especially after you felt you didn't portray your skills in the best of lights at the interview. But perhaps we all think that.

It has given me such a boost just to hear those words. I am going to stop being a student single mother on benefits and I am going back to work after 7 years and it feels like the most fantastic feeling going. We humans, I believe, need something to strive for, something to give us purpose. I am a very driven wee human being and I can't wait to get stuck in. I am going to love it, I just know I am. The people seemed so fantastic, and for years I've been wanting to do something like this.

Interestingly, or not, I went to see a fortune teller (well tarot reader) last week at my friend's house. My mate organises these things because she loves for other people to tell her what to do in life. I just went along for the fun of it. I'd never seen anyone like this before. The reading I got didn't disappoint me at all. I was truly, amazed at how accurate some bits were, things she just couldn't have known at all. She was no mysticy-moo from outer space or anything but a very nice, slightly eccentric but ordinary lady. One of the things she said 'I can see a contract, a legal document being signed'. I thought nothing of this. Until later she asked me if I was job hunting. Which of course I am, or was... (yey yey) and she said she saw me going for a job that would provide me with personal satisfaction. Not only that, but that i'd get that job. Strange, but true! She said a whole host of other things too of course, however, this is what strikes me today as very lovely and wonderful. Whether or not you believe in that sort of thing, when things go right and you get a little bit of hope, the world always looks sunnier.

Strangely enough the weather has been gloriously sunny all of this week too. How about that for a good week.

I am now nearly employed.

What a feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment