Search This Blog

Tuesday 17 June 2014

I got 99 problems but my CV ain't one? Or maybe it is?

I was doing a lot of reading over the weekend. There were a few things that I discovered about CVs. Mine clearly (according to the majority of advice) was too long at three pages (not my fault I've got a lot of qualifications ;) j/k). I had no idea that a long CV was looked at like a cardinal sin. (Can I just add that my Personal Adviser in the Jobs & Benefits Office has had a copy of my CV before and never gave any hints or tips as to how it should be revised).

So I began the process of editing it down and redoing the CV so that I had a few different versions. One version was a short, nippy one for legal and highly professional job applications. Another version is long, not to be sent out but listing all the different things I've done so that I can refer to it when writing statements or covering letters. The third one is a more creative, community based one which is for those kind of jobs.

Right, now... just to find some part-time jobs. There was very little added today, bit depressing really. On the flipside, being unemployed has it's merits today, in that I got to sit outside this afternoon and read a book. The temperature was lush and hot hot hot and I got roasted! (Too bad it rains 2/3 of the time!)


No comments:

Post a Comment